SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2005

From:
"Alan J. Flavell" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Alan J. Flavell
Date:
Fri, 6 May 2005 12:27:27 +0100
I've just updated a laptop from SL303 to SL4 using the corresponding
boot.iso CD, and networked files.  This is the first attempt here with
SL4.

After the upgrade, I find that yum no longer works.  It appears to
have the old /etc/yum.conf from the 303 installation.

I don't see this problem reported in quite this form on the list.
Was it something I did wrong, or is this a known issue?

I tried "yum update yum" to see if it would help, but it didn't.
(It too was looking into the 303 repository for things that aren't
there).

What's the proper way to get back into synch, please?

[Just as an aside, the IBM R40e has to be booted with acpi=off, or it
hangs during the boot process.  This applies to the installer
(boot.iso) as well as to the installed kernel.]