SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

October 2011

From:
"~Stack~" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
~Stack~
Date:
Mon, 17 Oct 2011 17:09:23 -0500
On 10/13/2011 06:37 PM, ~Stack~ wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have continued working on these problems this week and I have made
> decent progress.

[snip]

> The problem I am still working on is that my FQDN does not seem to be
> working properly and I am not sure why. I still have not found an
> answer. As a refresher (so you don't have to dig through past emails):

[snip]

> I really do
> need to find an answer to the FQDN. If anyone has any ideas, please let
> me know.

I royally messed up my configuration today working on another problem.
Since I have taken really good notes, I was back up and running in just
an hour with a fresh install and all the configuration files I saved off
before I broke things.

I have no idea why, but the FQDN is working. It wasn't working before,
and I have a very similar build now (same config files for the most
part), but it works!

I wish I knew why, in case it happens again, but I am not complaining.

Thanks for the feedback!

~Stack~