SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2007

From:
Nocte Diemque <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nocte Diemque <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jun 2007 11:01:46 +0000
Is there any information about the status of LaTeX under SL now that Thomas Esser has declared his desupport of tetex (http://www.tug.org/tetex) ?

I always found the absence of many packages under tetex irritating but I nonetheless applauded the philosophy for tetex.

I realize there was disucssion of versions of tetex back in 05 and recently there was a posting re beamer. My concern is that a basic requirement for users of SL is surely an up-to-date and full implementation of LaTeX and it seems that tetex will no longer provide either of these.

With best regards.

Try Live.com - your fast, personalised homepage with all the things you care about in one place.
http://www.live.com/?mkt=en-gb