SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2013

From:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jul 2013 16:15:12 -0700
Will "yum upgrade" upgrade in place only the applications/files that
come stock with SL without touching existing partitions or systems
configuration folders (e.g., network information, password, shadow, and
the like)?

I was repeatedly told on both this and the CentOS list that TUV
configuration no longer permitted this sort of operation (at one time,
TUV provided production -- not just Fedora "beta" -- binaries, and
during that epoch, the TUV installer had an "upgrade" option).

Yasha Karant