SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2009

From:
Jon Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jon Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jul 2009 18:06:25 +0100
Hello all,

We are currently setting up a new SL5 server and ideally we would like
to use openldap and kerberos to provide centralised user authentication
(and NFSv4 to share out central home spaces).  Has anybody successfully
done this (or similar) using a SL5 server?  Did you find any useful on
line tutorials on the subject?

We have done quite a lot of googling and tried to follow this tutorial:

http://aput.net/~jheiss/krbldap/howto.html

We have kerberos working, openldap working, but unfortunately we fail
when trying to use them together:

[root@testServer ldap-config]# ldapsearch -H
ldap://testServer.shef.ac.uk/ -b dc=somas,dc=org
SASL/GSSAPI authentication started
ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Invalid credentials (49)
        additional info: SASL(-13): authentication failure: GSSAPI
Failure: gss_accept_sec_context

When we have googled this error, we found it mentioned a lot but no
solutions given.  So we're a bit stuck!

Anyone know of a tutorial they are prepared to share?

Regards,
Jon

--
Jon Clark