SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2007

From:
Alex Kruchkoff <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Alex Kruchkoff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Mar 2007 16:42:19 +1100
Stephen John Smoogen wrote, On 14/03/07 13:22:
> On 3/13/07, Michael Hannon <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>> Greetings.  We're trying run the Cornell Spider program to search our
>> linux  boxes for sensitive information (SSN's, credit-card numbers,
>> etc.).  Here's the link:
>>
>> http://www.cit.cornell.edu/computer/security/tools/spider-linux.html
>>

> Actually this is the first I have heard of this project. What I
> normally do for perl requirements is to use cpanspec to build the base
> src.rpm. The other tools will have to be catch as can get..

May I also suggest to grub from ATrpms [http://atrpms.net]
cpan2rpm-2.026-12.el4.at.noarch rpm and use it for building perl rpms
[http://perl.arix.com/cpan2rpm/]
You can use it for building your own rpms [I'm using it for that
purpose] or you can specify any perl module from CPAN and it will build
all required rpms.
Very handy tool.

Thanks,
Alex