SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

October 2005

From:
"Robert E. Blair" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert E. Blair
Date:
Tue, 4 Oct 2005 08:34:54 -0500
This may belong on another mail list, but maybe someone knows the answer
here... I picked up the glibc-2.3.2-95.37 source rpm from redhat's
updates site the other day to update a system I have running an
alternative to SL3.  In the past I was doing local builds of the rpm's
on this system.  Usually this is okay and is faster than the maintainers
of the system which will remain unnamed.  I can build the i386 version
with no problem but when I use the i686 target it fails in the checks (I
have tried several times).  Indeed, the build actually hangs.  The SL3
maintainers must be in the process on this.  Have they seen this and if
so have they figured out how to get around it?

Thanks and apologies for spreading this more widely than it needs to be...
Bob Blair