SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

August 2011

From:
Chris Tooley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chris Tooley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Aug 2011 08:57:10 -0700
On 11-08-03 8:26 AM, Luca Renaud wrote:
> It seems PHP is not enabled by default when httpd starts on SL
> 6.1.So,I installed packages php php-common etc. and when I read
> through httpd.conf I do not see any LoadModule item related to PHP
> (but in /usr/lib/httpd/modules/ there is a libphp5.so) and when I do
> httpd -l it is not statically integrated.More specifically,I deployed
> the Pimcore CMS on apache DocumentRoot /var/www/html/ creating a
> directory pimcore: /var/www/html/pimcore/ and to easily test if PHP is
> working I put a index.php file with just this:<?php phpinfo; ?>  and I
> go to firefox and put http://localhost:80/ and apache is working I see
> the splash screen,then I put http://localhost:80/pimcore/index.php the
> browser finds the file but the PHP splash screen does not appear just
> a blank page meaning apache is not using PHP.So what is the trick to
> put apache working with PHP on SL 6.1? Thanks.

Did you install the php packages from the repos? When I did that and
then checked whether I had the module installed with:

	apachectl -M | grep php

I found that php5_module was indeed installed in apache.

PHP related configuration stuff should be in /etc/httpd/conf.d/php.conf

Also, if you haven't restarted apache after the PHP install, try that
and it might do the trick :)

-Chris