SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2013

From:
Paul Robert Marino <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Robert Marino <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jul 2013 11:58:03 -0400
gennerally its possible to upgrade from one minor release to the next
but not major releases so 5.1 to say 5.9 is possible but 5.x to 6.x is
not. you can attempt it through yum but you will have tons of
problems.

Fedora you usually can upgrade versions but even Fedora has version
cut offs where you have to do a scratch install for example 16 to 17
was one of those cutoffs.