SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

April 2014

From:
Nico Kadel-Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nico Kadel-Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Apr 2014 07:35:36 -0400
First: update to release 6.5 for the server, if you can, just to avoid
known bugs.

Second: review whether security tools like SElinux or iptables are
possibly interfering with your system. You might turn them off,
temporarily, just to see if virt-manager works.

Third, review what "virsth" reports about the state of your
virtualization system. The "virt-manager" does not itself really do
much: it's a GUI wrapped around virsh, and frankly not a very good
one. So verify that "virsth" is working before relying on
virt-manager.