SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2013

From:
Paul Robert Marino <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Robert Marino <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Jan 2013 15:16:56 -0500
take a look at this one http://relax-and-recover.org/
the RPM is in EPEL rear.noarch
it should give you the best of both worlds.
the problem with using dd is you occasionally get bit drift which can
cause you problems latter. and Rsync wont install grub on your mbr or
format the partitions. rear will do both and you shouldn't have to
worry about bit drift issues if you use it instead of dd.