SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

April 2014

From:
ToddAndMargo <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
ToddAndMargo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Apr 2014 21:09:36 -0700
Hi All,

Love my Fedora Live USB too much.  Can't get enough
space to add everything I want to it.

Do you know of a way to overcome the 4GB persistent
storage restriction?  ("overlay-live-xxxxx" I presume.)

I have Googled my rear end off with not luck.  Closest
I have come was

http://www.pendrivelinux.com/create-a-larger-than-4gb-casper-partition/

But it does not work with Fedora Live USB.

I am presuming the problem is that fat32 does not allow files larger
than ~4 GB.  Is there any way to point the persistent file
to a second EXT4 partition on the stick?

Many thanks,
-T

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's
what you know for sure that just ain't so.
     --Mark Twain

--
Computers are like air conditioners.