SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

October 2006

From:
"Bly, MJ (Martin)" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bly, MJ (Martin)
Date:
Wed, 4 Oct 2006 16:28:17 +0100

Surely the question should be: what controller chip are the HDDs
connected to?

The installation must be progressing from CDrom to have got as far as
asking the drivers question?

My guess is that the installation system can't find a driver for the
sata HDD controller, which for a new board with state of the art chip
sets, isn't uncommon.

Martin.