SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2007

From:
Chris Stevens <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chris Stevens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Mar 2007 19:29:18 -0400
On Fri, 2007-03-23 at 16:15 -0500, P. Larry Nelson wrote:
> Ah, Google...  In my head scratching on this, I neglected to check Google.
> Thanks!
> - Larry

Been there...

I find the drive to keep mashing the keyboard and figure it out is
pretty strong.  Then I beat my head against the wall when 5 minutes with
google gets me the answer.

Another thought...

> I need to add the Intel RAID driver at install
> time and Anaconda is only giving me the choice of sda (I'm assuming
> that's the hard disk) or hdb (is that the CDROM drive?) at the "Driver
> Disk Source" page.

Did you try the /dev/sda option with the floppy in the drive?  If the
floppy is USB and being treated as SCSI, then /dev/sda might be the
floppy.  I'm thinking that /dev/sda probably isn't the hard drive.  If
the installer could see the internal hard disk(s) and assign it
to /dev/sda then you wouldn't need a driver in the first place.

Chris