SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

April 2011

From:
Phil Schaffner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Phil Schaffner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Apr 2011 16:00:00 -0400
Nicolas Kovacs wrote on 04/13/2011 02:48 PM:
> I'm aware this question could possible (also?) belong on the RPMForge
> mailing list, though I'm not exactly sure.

Did you install the rpmforge-release package provided by SL?

> Which third party repo do you guys recommend?

This seems like a pretty decent set, although I would be careful about
mixing:

# yum groupinfo "Yum Repositories"
Loaded plugins: priorities, refresh-packagekit
Setting up Group Process

Group: Yum Repositories
Scientific Linux but are here for your convenience.
  Optional Packages:
    adobe-release
    atrpms-repo
    elrepo-release
    epel-release
    rpmforge-release

Personally ELRepo and RPMforge are my first choices, and I find Adobe is
pretty safe.  If I can't find what I'm looking for there I will venture
(with extra caution) to EPEL and finally ATrpms.

Phil