SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

December 2006

From:
Alex Kruchkoff <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Alex Kruchkoff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Dec 2006 10:18:04 +1100
Nathan,

VESA driver does not have such resolution. I had similar problems: my
AMD laptop has the resolution 1280x800 [which is not supported by VESA
driver].
What is important -- the driver for your graphic adapter. The graphic
adapter in my laptop is ATI x1600. The vendor provides the driver for linux.
If your adapter is made by ATI the following rss feed may be useful:
http://www.ati.com/online/rss/atilinuxdriver.rss?OTC-rssfeedlinux
Find out your manufacturer and search for the driver. For example,
nVidia drivers could be installed from ATrpms.

Thanks,
Alex