SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

April 2011

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Apr 2011 16:34:48 -0500
My apologies for taking so long on this.
Everything is ready and tested for this update to go out.
We plan on pushing this security update out to all SL4 and SL5 machines
on Wednesday, April 20, 2011.

Kernel modules for all released kernels have been built and are now
available in the testing area's.

Thank You
Troy Dawson

On 02/21/2011 04:14 PM, Troy J Dawson wrote:
> Hello,
> There is a new security update for openafs.  This update addresses
> CVE-2011-0430 and CVE-2011-0431
> http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2011-0430
> http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2011-0431
>
> This update will also bring all the SL4 and SL5 openafs versions up to
> the same version.
>
> We have put this update into the testing area, so that if people want to
> test the update before it is released they can.
>
> This update will go out on Tuesday March 1, 2011
>
> Note: We haven't been able to get *every* kernel module built yet.  We
> have only done them for the past 5 or 6 kernels.  We will have all the
> kernel-modules built by the time this errata is released.
>
> To test or update
>
> SL4
> -------
>            yum --enablerepo=sl-testing update openafs\* kernel-module\*
>

> or you can download rpm's by hand at
>
> http://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/40rolling/testing/i386/RPMS/openafs/
> http://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/40rolling/testing/x86_64/RPMS/openafs/
>
> openafs-1.4.14-80.sl4
>
> SL5
> -------
>            yum --enablerepo=sl-testing update openafs\* kernel-module\*
>

> or you can download rpm's by hand at
>
> http://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/5rolling/testing/i386/openafs/
> http://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/5rolling/testing/x86_64/openafs/
>
> openafs-1.4.14-80.sl5
>
> Thanks
> Troy
>
> --
> Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468
> Fermilab  ComputingDivision/LCSI/CSI DSS Group

Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468
Fermilab  ComputingDivision/SCF/FEF/SLSMS Group