SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

April 2011

From:
Artem Trunov <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Artem Trunov <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Apr 2011 15:31:38 +0200
Dear experts,

I configured in bios an onboard RAID1 provided by Intel ICH10R (aka
bios raid, aka SATA raid, aka fake raid etc), but now sure how to
proceed with installation.

When I run a kickstart file and it fails (I make it fail to explore
it's enviroment in a Alt-F2 console), I can see that my raid is
recognized as md device, i.e. /dev/md127. Naively, I'd just use
"md127" in "part" commends of my kickstart file. However during the
execution of kickstart file, md devices are simply not there. I can
not see them in %pre script, and using md127 in the part command also
fails with anaconda complaining  that such device doesn't exist.

So, what would be the right way to use kickstart install on such raid?

cheers
Artem.