SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

April 2008

From:
"Bly, MJ (Martin)" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bly, MJ (Martin)
Date:
Fri, 11 Apr 2008 12:55:54 +0100
Support for the Itanium IA64 architecture was dropped due to lack of
interest in taking it on within the HEP community.  I think it is still
possible to roll your own from the SL source but Troy/Connie would need
to confirm that.

The i386 and x86_64 variant are unlikely to work on an Itanium - the
Itanium CPUs have a very different architecture.  However I've never
tried that since I don't have an Itanium system.  Someone else may know
different.

	Martin.
--
Martin Bly