SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

August 2011

From:
Connie Sieh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Connie Sieh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Aug 2011 14:37:50 -0500
With Troy leaving some may wonder who will "develop" Scientific Linux.

I will continue with the Scientific Linux project.

I started the Fermi Linux project in 1998 .  The first Fermi Linux release
was based on RedHat 5.x . Note that is not RHEL 5.x :-) .  Troy joined the
Fermi Linux project in 2001 .

Troy and I have been co developers of Scientific Linux since the beginning of
Scientific Linux in 2004 .

There are other developers of Scientific Linux.  Some from Fermi and some from
CERN, DESY and ETHZ .  Recently Fermi added 2 people to the Scientific Linux
Team.  They have been publishing the "SECURITY" errata and doing
testing.

-Connie Sieh