SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

April 2019

From:
Mark Stodola <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Stodola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Apr 2019 09:49:40 -0500
On 3/29/19 10:07 AM, Howard, Chris wrote:
> Our security guy runs a scanning system called Qualys.
>
> He gave me an rpm file to install and a couple of commands to run.
>
> It appears to have installed the agent ok.
>
> But I see in the log file that it is trying to do a pattern match to
> determine the OS name and version.
>
> It is looking for CentOS and RedHat and Oracle Unbreakable Linux… but
> can’t figure this one out.
>
> Might there be some simple thing I can tweak to help?

Without knowing anything about Qualys, I'm going to take a stab and
guess it is looking in /etc/redhat-release for string matches.  There is
also os-release, sl-release, and system-release.

Try backing them up and changing the string to either CentOS or RedHat's
equivalent and see if that makes a difference.  The os-release is the
preferred method, as it as the ID_LIKE attribute.  I doubt Qualys is
using utilizing that information though.