SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2013

From:
Martin Surovcak <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Martin Surovcak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jul 2013 13:35:17 +0200
On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 11:18:52AM +0200, Axel Bock wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> first a little introduction: I am as of now a Sysadmin in a German finance
> organisation, and I am responsible for the company's Linux-Systems which
> run on SL.
>
> As such I want to mirror the current 6.4 repository to our internal pulp
> server - and I fail. I now found a list post saying that the repomd.xml was
> broken, and just wanted to ask whether this is still the case.
>
> If not I would appreciate any help of people who did that already, so I can
> shamelessly copy their approach :) .
>
> Thanks in advance for any answers!
>
> /Axel.
Hi Axel,

we're using Pulp to mirror SL6 repositories too (also EPEL). Pulp is also used to handle our internal repositories.

There was an issue with SL's checksums in repomd.xml file but this has been solved already.

There is a documentation available which I followed during building our mirror.
http://pulp-user-guide.readthedocs.org/en/latest/index.html
http://pulp-rpm-user-guide.readthedocs.org/en/latest/index.html

When you have pulp up and running adding a repo to sync is trivial:

pulp-admin rpm repo create --feed=http://mirror.itc.virginia.edu/fedora-epel/6/x86_64/ --repo-id=epel6 --relative-url=epel/6/x86_64/ --serve-http=true

pulp-admin rpm repo sync schedules create --schedule "2013-04-25T01:00:00Z/P1D" --repo-id=epel6

This will create mirror for EPEL6 and sync it once a day.

As you heaven't mentioned your troubles I suggest you reading and following docs and/or specify your problem, I'll be happy to help.

Martin