SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

December 2011

Date:
Sat, 10 Dec 2011 23:00:27 +0000
On 12/09/2011 06:25 PM, Todd And Margo Chester wrote:
> On 12/07/2011 02:09 PM, g wrote:
<>

> Since I switched to Optiarc, I do not even know it they *have* a tech
> support department.  They just work.  Doesn't care what OS you are
> using either.  Usually stuff that cheap has all kinds of problems,
> but Optiarc is the exception to the rule.
>
> http://www.sony-optiarc.us/
-=-

with sony being picked for cd/dvd/blueray 'standard', they should know
how to make an inexpensive drive.

for sure they have recovered their experimenting cost by now and can
afford to build and sell drives for what they are actually worth.

the big 'screw the public' was that they had designs for dvd and double
layer before they ever released first cd drive. reason for waiting was
to recover cost by putting out cd drives and making more money.

> K3b has a lot of trouble with the door opening and closing before
> verify. Then again, this could be fix in the current version.  But,
> no RPMs, so ...
-=-

why should they worry about something that is mainly a problem with old
drives which will end up bad and replaced before they can end up solving?

> I have no idea what so ever you are speaking!  :-)
-=-

some times, i wonder if i do. other times...

> Haven't used it yet.  Got it recommended to me over on the Xfce
> mailing list.  It *looks* pretty sweet.  Just wondering if you
> had any experience with it. I am not married to k3b.  Maybe its
> RPM's are more up to date.
-=-

could be xfce users do not know about k3b. ;)

next time i run 'update', i will install it just to have a look.

i believe 'cdroaster' was name of other burner i used with mandrake.

--

peace out.

tc.hago,

.

*please reply "plain text" only. "html text" are deleted*

****
**
**
**