SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2008

Date:
Wed, 2 Jul 2008 15:19:51 -0500
I just started using the http based kickstart install.  Done via the
kickstart url option.  I have installed a couple of SL5.1 systems
successfully and tried today to install a SL4.6 machine.  I boot the system
with the disc1 iso image and provide the kickstart file via NFS. Like so:

boot: linux ks=nfs:installserver.my.net:/SL/46/ks/myks

In my kickstart file I specify our local SL mirror as the install server.
Like so:

url --url http://mirror.anl.gov/pub/scientific-linux/46/i386

Works for 5.1 but not for 4.6.  I've attached the Alt-F2 screen.  Can
someone provide some pointer on how to debug this?  How do I go about
isolating the problem?

I can revert back to using my old method which is an NFS based install.  But
http based installs are so convenient especially since we have high-speed
access to a local SL mirror.

Thanks!