SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

December 2014

From:
Karel Lang AFD <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Karel Lang AFD <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Dec 2014 16:46:29 +0100
Hi,
32b supp is planned up to 2020 (RH supp for 6x)
I think this should be enough for any HW to live up to it's expectations.
The laptops you talk about are 6+ yrs old now ...  will be 12yrs then.

After that its museum piece :].

I for one am quite content with 32b supp. drop. Will save some devs
rescources, which in the end will be good for us all.

cheers,

--
*Karel Lang*
*Unix/Linux Administration*