SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2005

From:
Michael Mansour <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael Mansour <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jul 2005 10:28:50 +1000
Hi,

I was just browsing the SL website when I noticed the following link:

https://www.scientificlinux.org/community/repo

Listed there are linux-ink and Dag's repo.

I have been using SL now (3/4) for a while, and can vouch for ATrpms repo's
for SL3:

[at-stable]
name=ATrpms for RHEL3 $releasever stable
baseurl=http://apt.atrpms.net/rhel/3/en/$basearch/at-stable

and SL4:

# cat /etc/yum.repos.d/atrpms.repo
[at-stable]
name=ATrpms for RHEL4 $releasever stable
baseurl=http://apt.atrpms.net/rhel/4/en/$basearch/at-stable
enabled=1

I find that I use quite a few packages from Axel's repo, in addition to some
from Dag's repo. I find Axel very responsive and very supportive with his
packages, so think it may be worthwhile adding his repo's to the SL website.

Note I also have dries configured:

SL3:

[dries]
name=Extra Fedora rpms dries - $releasever - $basearch
baseurl=http://apt.sw.be/dries/redhat/el3/en/i386/dries

SL4:

# cat /etc/yum.repos.d/dries.repo
[dries]
name=Extra Fedora rpms dries - $releasever - $basearch
baseurl=http://apt.sw.be/dries/redhat/el4/en/i386/dries/RPMS
enabled=1

but find I don't actually use it much for my setups, I guess it's there just
in case neither Dag nor Axel supply a package I need (hasn't been the case yet).

Regards,

Michael.