SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

August 2012

From:
Karanbir Singh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Karanbir Singh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Aug 2012 23:40:43 +0100
On 08/23/2012 12:04 AM, Orion Poplawski wrote:
> I'm starting to build a set of rpm packages built with the Intel and
> Portland Group compilers.  These would install in /opt and be accessible
> via modules. Would anyone be interested in collaborating on a public
> repository for such things?  I really haven't thought much through at
> this point, just trying to gauge interest.  Has anything like this
> already been done?

I went down the route of doing ICC builds a few years ago ( 2009 ) - and
had the entire CentOS-5 LAMP stack done, but was unable to get the nod
from Intel that what was being attempted was within their legal and aup
terms. Its a massive grey area, unless you have the license to
distribute the builds ( which is what mysql had ) - and its not cheap.

Months of chasing intel's legal team resulted in nothing. So I gave up.
Let us know how you get on.

--
Karanbir Singh
ICQ: 2522219    | Yahoo IM: z00dax      | Gtalk: z00dax