SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

April 2011

From:
Kelsey Cummings <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kelsey Cummings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Apr 2011 16:19:10 -0700
I've just run into an issue with 6.0 and I'm not sure how bugs are
handled here.  Should they just be submitted upstream to RH?

Specifically, ifup isn't behaving as expected bringing up an aliases.

/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-lo:0
DEVICE=lo:0
IPADDR=10.0.0.1
NETMASK=255.255.255.255
NAME=lo:0

Running ifup lo:0 does not add the alias to lo as expected.  However, if
"ifup lo" is ran, it will add both the lo config and any aliases it
finds.  This config will result in the expected behavior after a
reboot or a "service network restart".

5.x hosts (and earlier, at least in CentOS) behave as expected allowing
the operator to add/remove aliases using ifup/ifdown.

--
Kelsey Cummings - [log in to unmask]      sonic.net, inc.
System Architect                          2260 Apollo Way