SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

August 2011

From:
Steven Haigh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steven Haigh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Aug 2011 09:21:40 +1000
On 4/08/2011 2:14 AM, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 11:04 AM, Matej HALAC<[log in to unmask]>  wrote:

>>> You get this on both servers? If you can spare the time, test one of
>>> the other virtualization technologies.
>>
>> Yes these messages are present on both machines and also the Windows
>> image crashes on both as well. The specific machine worked without
>> problems on my ML150 so I doubt it's a problem with the Guest image.
>
> I'm afraid this is a level of problem where buying a server license
> from our favorite upstream vendor would help get you access to the
> technical support of the people who are actually writing it. And I'm
> afraid I'm not personally very happy with KVM based virtualization. If
> the GUI is that bad, it makes me concerned about the quality of the
> rest of the backend.

At the risk of blowing my own horn here, this is why I still use Xen.
True, I have to do a bit of extra work - however hopefully my work makes
things simple for others.

I put up a guide here on how to use Xen in EL6:
http://www.crc.id.au/xen-on-rhel6-scientific-linux-6-centos-6-howto/

I still find Xen much better than KVM...

--
Steven Haigh

Email: [log in to unmask]
Web: http://www.crc.id.au