SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2007

From:
"Paul A. Rombouts" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul A. Rombouts
Date:
Tue, 19 Jun 2007 19:16:35 +0200
John Summerfield wrote:
[snip]
> My immediate problem is my preferred browser is Mozilla - er - Seamonkey. I couldn't find it with yum, nor with Google, nor can I see that anyone's asked about it for SL5.
>
> Does anyone have it? or should I just build it myself? Might have a src.rpm around here someplace....

I had the same problem and I actually asked about seamonkey for SL5 on
this list before you did, John.

I recommend building this src rpm from releases.mozilla.org:
http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/seamonkey/releases/1.1.2/contrib/FC_RPMS/source/seamonkey-1.1.2-1.src.rpm

It compiles fine on SL5 x86_64 and installs without conflicts, unlike
most of the src rpms from Fedora extras or RHEL4.

It is also the most up-to-date version, which has some nice improvements
compared to version 1.0.9 available from Fedora or Red Hat.

--
Paul A. Rombouts