SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2005

From:
Tom Rockwell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tom Rockwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Mar 2005 11:54:40 -0500
Oh, I see.  Pentium Pros were the first i686 CPUs, so Pentium II are i686...

The kernel-source package in SL303 does include a
config/kernel-2.4.21-i586.config. Presumably, one could build a i586
kernel package using this.  I guess you might have to jump through some
hoops to get the installer going though.

-Tom