SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

August 2012

From:
Karanbir Singh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Karanbir Singh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Aug 2012 00:32:37 +0100
On 08/21/2012 12:22 AM, Ian wrote:
> I seriously think this is the wrong place to discuss CentOS
> specifically, don't you?

I dont think this is about CentOS, its more about what the overall
impression being carried forward.

> But, I'll humour you... if somehow, Delay= CloneReleaseTime -
> SrpmReleaseTime = 0 (i.e. no delay) then I fail to see where your
> testing time is.
>
> If you consider:-
>
> Delay = CloneReleaseTime - SrpmReleaseTime -
> AcceptedRebuildAndIndependentTestTime = 0 then maybe.

is it zero ? how did you verify that ? and how did you audit the process
that was used to get from here to there during that
what-you-assume-to-be negative time.

your argument is based on the flawed assumption that we release stuff
before Red Hat does. that would be - absurd, if anything.

> To be fair to the OP, if you are going to call someone out on FUD, you
> really IMHO ought to give a lot more detail as to why, otherwise you are
> merely perpetuating your own FUD.

How about you just look through the last few posts from me on this list ?

--
Karanbir Singh
ICQ: 2522219    | Yahoo IM: z00dax      | Gtalk: z00dax