SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

April 2011

Date:
Fri, 15 Apr 2011 11:55:24 -0400
I get an odd behavior during the boot of SL6.  I'm running, dual boot
w/WinXP, on a Dell Latitude D610 laptop that is parked in a Dell D-Dock
PD01X docking station.  My mouse and keyboard, both PS/2, are connected to
the docking station.

If I let SL6 go through a normal boot running rhgb, "Red Hat Graphical
Boot," the mouse and keyboard are ignored and the system does not respond.
 If I hit <esc> during the graphical boot, revealing the underlying text
boot, the mouse and keyboard are recognized and the system responds.

The fix is easy, edit grub.conf and eliminate rhgb from the SL6 stanza.
This is fine by me, as I like to have the detailed boot info.

Did not have this problem with SL5x.  Do not have this problem with WinXP.
 Docking station interconnect has been cleaned.