SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

October 2007

From:
Stephan Wiesand <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 30 Oct 2007 08:50:33 +0100
Hi Troy,

On Fri, 26 Oct 2007, Troy Dawson wrote:

> [log in to unmask] wrote:
>> Hi Troy,
>>
>> On Fri, 26 Oct 2007, Troy Dawson wrote:
>>
>>> I'm debating.  Should I fix this, or use this as motivation for people to
>>> stop using firefox and thunderbird on SL3 and move to seamonkey.
>>
>> You probably shouldn't. We're 5 days before the EOL date for SL3 we all
>> agreed upon during HEPiX fall 2005 at SLAC and that's been announced and
>> published ever since. And this bug is not preventing anyone from using
>> firefox  - securely, and without loss of functionality - on SL3. It's just
>> an inconvenience, albeit a major one.
>>

> Well, it's too late.  I've got it fixed and built.  After doing a test to see
> what it was like, I know that I would go nuts with it like that, even if it
> was for a couple of weeks.
> I know it's a friday afternoon, but I'm going to push it out.

Thanks. Alas, there are more problems with this update. This time it's
garbled text. For example, about:plugins, and one of our users found
it with dict.leo.org. Maybe it's that patch86 Tru mentioned.

Again, you probably shouldn't fix it, I just wanted to report it.

Cheers,
 	Stephan

--
Stephan Wiesand