SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

August 2009

From:
Jon Peatfield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jon Peatfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Aug 2009 00:48:27 +0100
On Wed, 26 Aug 2009, Troy Dawson wrote:

> Hi Eve,
> The problem is that a plain SL5 ssh client does not do
> GSSAPIDelegateCredentials and this is what is needed for you to get your AFS
> credentials on minos06.
>
> https://fermilinux.fnal.gov/documentation/security/ssh-client/
<snip>

I hope no-one minds if I ask a stupid question...

What is to stop a user from adding the relevant section to their own
.ssh/config ?  I know that isn't useful for catching all users but it is a
useful test...

According to my understanding of the ssh client the *first* (matching)
value found for each parameter is the one used and it is defined to read
the user config before the system one (and command-line options before
that)...

BTW the web page mentions a clash with GSSAPIDelegateCredentials on
Ubuntu, which probably means that they are setting the value earlier than
the suggested host... fragment (so will be found first).

From man ssh_config (on sl5 in case it matters):

   Since the first obtained value for each parameter is used, more
   host-specific declarations should be given near the beginning of the
   file, and general defaults at the end.

  -- Jon