SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

April 2008

From:
Ron Rechenmacher <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 29 Apr 2008 11:38:21 -0500
Hi,

I'm running slf5 x86_64.

Based on system monitoring and internet searches, I believe somewhere in my X
server there is a memory leak which causes my x server to crash every couple
of days.

I'm wondering if any one has any experience or could help me try a new x
server (the "rpm/yum" way)?   -- what I mean, is: if I do:

            yum list installed "*x11*"

I see many rpms which will have many dependencies.

If I boot up in text mode, is there an rpm/yum command to remove them all and,
of course, where/how can I try a different version (maybe newer, maybe older)?

After I remove them, maybe I could build and install a source package from
xorg.freedesktop.org??

Thanks,
Ron