SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

October 2004

From:
Daniel Widyono <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Daniel Widyono <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 2004 11:32:28 -0400
Urp, sorry, I've already manually updated (didn't want it to be insecure any
longer).  I've extracted the list from yum.log however, which matches my
recollection of what showed in 'yum list updates'.

Another thing I barely recall now is there is the possibility that I had
installed 3.0.2 initially, then tried to "upgrade" to 3.0.3.  My approach
is to update sl-release, yum (and yum.conf), and rpm manually (via rpm), then
I yum update.  I'm theorizing that I didn't yum update back then when I was
testing this approach to upgrading on this one particular machine.  But if
that's true, why would manual yum update give a different result than the
automatic one?

Both yum.conf and yum.d/yum.cron.primary were pointing to
ftp.scientificlinux.org's directories.  Just to be clear, the most recent
updates *were* automatically installed (those being: ImageMagick gaim cups
libtiff-devel cups-libs libtiff).

libgcc gcc-c++ libf2c gcc-g77 gcc-java cpp libobjc gcc-objc gcc-gnat libgnat
gcc rpm-devel rpm-libs rpm-python rpm-build rpm rpmdb-SL grub laus-libs
vixie-cron xinetd strace procps sysklogd tzdata sysreport shadow-utils autofs
pam-devel ntsysv cdrecord chkconfig nfs-utils passwd sendmail pam mkisofs
sendmail-cf kernel-utils hwdata kudzu grep modutils nscd modutils-devel
gcc-ssa gcc-c++-ssa gcc-objc-ssa ant gcc-g77-ssa gcc-java-ssa ethtool dev
bash libgcj-ssa jaf bcel javamail ant-libs eclipse jakarta-regexp
commons-logging junit libgcj-ssa-devel xerces-j xalan-j cup libgcc-ssa
libmudflap libmudflap-devel libstdc++-ssa libstdc++-ssa-devel ppp rp-pppoe
wvdial kudzu-devel openldap-devel openmotif nptl-devel glibc-headers
glibc-devel glibc-kernheaders bind-libs openssl bind-utils MAKEDEV cdda2wav
at cvs expect perl-CPAN tcl perl tk gtk+ gtk+-devel rhpl libcap-devel
initscripts libstdc++-devel openldap libgcj prelink gdb fontconfig-devel
libstdc++ ncompress lvm popt bison ltrace libgcj-devel libcap readline-devel
mdadm nss_ldap fontconfig schedutils parted gnome-panel gtkhtml3 crash
readline rdist

Thanks,
Dan W.

--
-- Daniel Widyono                      http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~widyono
-- Liniac Project,     CIS Dept.,    SEAS,    University of Pennsylvania