SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

October 2006

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Oct 2006 11:37:29 -0500
[log in to unmask] wrote:
> The x86_64 version of thunderbird doesn't
> display any of the thunderbird icons.

Yes, this was a bug introduced by redhat when they moved to version 1.5.
  The original bug made it so that thunderbird didn't even run when you
clicked on the icon.  They have at least fixed that, but they still
haven't fixed the icon.

> Also when I tried to use yum to get the i386
> package yum fails to find it.

We haven't ever put the i386 version of thunderbird in the x86_64
release of S.L., so yum can't find something that isn't there.
Other than the icon, is there a reason that you want the i386 version?

> Once installed the i386 version does display the icons.

That's actually surprising, because I still don't have an icon.  Is it
the thunderbird 1.5 version?  And if so, which version is it?

> Any ideas?
>
> cheers,
> Ronnie

Troy

Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468