SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

April 2008

From:
Christopher Hunter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Christopher Hunter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Apr 2008 12:30:25 -0400
There seems to be ldap-related bugs in nss_ldap & the nscd daemon in the
release of redhat 4.6. See redhat bugzilla #404751, #434842, #221199, etc.

The quick fix is to use the previous version of nss_ldap
(nss_ldap-226-18). My guess is that the long default timeout values
cause logins to fail. I disabled the nscd service and reduced the
timelimit values in the ldap.conf settings.

--
Chris Hunter