SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2008

From:
Mohammad Kashif <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 22 Jul 2008 11:33:42 +0200
Hi All
Thanks for your help, I have succeeded in installing the driver et all but
still I have some problem. I am writing down the steps which I fallowed
and the problem.
1. Somehow linux had wrongly identified 3c501 as wireless card instead of
Intel 3945 BG.
2. I installed IPW 3945 through yum and changed entry in
/etc/modprobe.conf and restarted the laptop.
3. After that I am able to activate wireless card through network
configuration window. Earlier it was giving error.
4. Now through configure wireless connection window, I entered the SSID No
in Network Name and WPA key in key coloumn.

But I am not able to connect to it.
Please guide me in this regard.
Thanks
kashif