SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

April 2008

From:
Jaroslaw Polok <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jaroslaw Polok <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Apr 2008 17:08:22 +0200
Troy Dawson wrote:
> I just wanted to second Martin's words.
> We originally had Itanium because a lab or two had some Itanium
> clusters, but those went away for whatever reason, and we eventually
> dropped support due to nobody wanting it.

Indeed, one of the labs being CERN, we still have a CERN version
for ia64 available at:

  http://linuxsoft.cern.ch/cern/slc4X/ (currently this is SLC4.6)

.. this receives all the regular updates and will continue to
exist for still some time (until SL(C)4 support is stopped at
CERN - not anytime soon ;-))

As for the version 5 ... for time being we do not plan to use it
in immediate future on ia64 .. so I do not think we will provide it
for SL community either ...

Best Regards

Jarek

PS:

> https://www.scientificlinux.org/about/stats/arch.html

Our own numbers show only 100-105 ia64 systems running
SLC4 (out of which 95 are our own at CERN ..)

__
_ Jaroslaw_Polok ___________________ CERN - IT/FIO/LA _
_ http://home.cern.ch/~jpolok ___ tel_+41_22_767_1834 _