SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

April 2011

From:
William Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
William Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Apr 2011 12:53:04 +1000
On 3 April 2011 20:49, Bluejay Adametz <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I'm no expert, but it looks like the Desktop group might be a place to
> start. It includes the alsa-plugins-pulseaudio package, so either that
> or the group will probably pull in a bunch of audio stuff. I'd try
> that and see what yum picks up for dependencies.

Thanks for the reply.

I went back to a full graphical install to confirm that audio does work ok.

Strangely, I have an issue where a user who connects via SSH and runs
speaker-test generates no local audio unless a user is also logged in
at the local console(gnome). The remote user also loses the selection
of Intel HDA in alsamixer when pressing F6. With a local user logged
in the card is there.

Appears something is only getting stated/configured for audio when
there is a local user.