SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2011

From:
Andreas Petzold <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Andreas Petzold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Mar 2011 10:05:58 +0100
	Hi,

in SL5 I replaced the stock yum repository files and /etc/yum.conf with files
customized for our site (local repo mirrors, special excludes etc.) with an
RPM with the following properties:

Requires:       redhat-release >=  %{version}
Provides:       yum-conf
Provides:       epel-release-5
Obsoletes:      yum-conf
Obsoletes:      yum-conf-epel
Obsoletes:      epel-release

With this setup we were able to prevent updates from SL from clobbering our
repo setup. This worked fine, since the yum-conf package owns /etc/yum.conf on
SL5.

On SL6 however, yum.conf is owned by the yum package. It doesn't make sense
for us to rebuild that just to insert our own yum.conf. Of course, we will
have to change a few things to accomodate the new sl-release rpm, but that's
fine.

Any ideas?

	Cheers,

		Andreas