SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

December 2014

From:
Alain Péan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Alain Péan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Dec 2014 13:44:24 +0100
Le 17/12/2014 23:27, Mark Stodola a écrit :
> I think the answer to that is no.  The SL team made a decision to
> continue to spin their own independent set of packages and not become
> an add-on repository to the CentOS build.
>
> Someone please correct me if I am wrong...

Yes, but the RHEL source srpms packages are now (RHEL 7) on a CentOS git
repository, where RedHat put them, but without any signature to
authentify them...
https://git.centos.org/project/rpms

See :
http://lwn.net/Articles/603865/

So SL will rebuild the CentOS SRPMS (perhaps, certainly, not in the same
way)...

Alain

--
Administrateur Système/Réseau
Laboratoire de Photonique et Nanostructures (LPN/CNRS - UPR20)