SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

December 2014

From:
Orion Poplawski <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Orion Poplawski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Dec 2014 11:51:25 -0700
On 12/08/2014 05:21 PM, Yasha Karant wrote:
> On 12/04/2014 04:00 PM, Phil Wyett wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> texmacs:
>>
>> texmacs is in epel 6 but not 7 as yet. You may wish to contact the epel
>> maintainer (see link below) and ask if they are willing to do the build.
>>
>> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/package/TeXmacs/
>>
>> kile:
>>
>> kile is in epel 7 testing. See links below.
>>
>> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/package/kile/
>> https://apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/kile
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Phil
>>

> I have attempted to contact "tremble", but there seems no link to do so and I
> have no need to join any Fedora group.
>
> As I recall, there were EPEL proponents (developers?) who have corresponded to
> this SL list -- would anyone care to comment on the status of GNU TeXmacs?
> Note that I do receive .tm files and thus need a way to at least convert these
> to some form of LaTeX source from which I can attempt to recover the necessary
> information.  As for now, I personally have given up on all the LaTeX front
> ends but Texstudio (that does run under SL7) as I cannot afford the only true
> LaTeX WYSIWYG (http://bakoma-tex.com/ , albeit it is not evident from the web
> site if this in fact will run under SL7).   However, I attempt to keep extant
> versions of as many such applications as I can mostly to help students who
> need to submit formalism in PDF using LaTeX (I have found no text processing
> system superior to LaTeX for producing journal articles and the equivalent,
> such as theses).

Looks like there have been issues with TeXmacs.  It hasn't built properly in
Fedora since 2013-10-16.

Request an EPEL7 branch by filing a bug here:
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/enter_bug.cgi?product=Fedora%20EPEL&component=TeXmacs

--
Orion Poplawski
3380 Mitchell Lane                       [log in to unmask]