SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2011

From:
"Robert P. J. Day" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert P. J. Day
Date:
Sat, 12 Mar 2011 11:51:11 -0500
On Sat, 12 Mar 2011, Alec T. Habig wrote:

> I was poking at this yesterday myself with no success, so would love
> to know what the answer is.
>
> This is especially important since by default, iptables is installed
> and active, and AFAIK the only way for nfs to coexist with iptables
> is use nfs4.  So out of the box, nfs doesn't work unless one
> disables a security tool, aside from the issue that nfs4 is designed
> to have a much higher level of security than the older versions,
> such that we really should all be using it exclusively anyway.

  actually, i take it back, it's possible this is fixed.  i edited
/etc/sysconfig/nfs and uncommented all references to dropping support
for NFS v2 and v3, and NFS seems to start.  didn't used to, so maybe
this issue has been resolved.

  once NFS is running, is there a convenient command to *show* me what
versions of NFS are currently supported?

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca