SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2005

From:
Michael Mansour <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael Mansour <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 May 2005 23:36:22 +1000
Hi Troy,

> Michael Mansour wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Just as a note. I'm currently testing the ATrpms repository together
with SL4.
> > Axel Thimms (the ATrpms owner) is almost ready with fully supporting
RHEL3/4.

> > When I use the following entry in /etc/yum.repos.d/atrpms.repo:
> >
> > [at-stable]
> > name=ATrpms for RHEL4 $releasever stable
> > baseurl=http://apt.atrpms.net/rhel/$releasever/en/$basearch/at-stable
> > enabled=1
> >
> > it fails as the baseurl translates to:
> >
> > http://apt.atrpms.net/rhel/4.0/en/i386/at-stable
> >
> > The "4.0" is the problem. Axel supports what RHEL4 outputs, a
straight "4":

> > http://apt.atrpms.net/rhel/4/en/i386/at-stable
> >
> > I realise it's just a matter for replacing "$releasever" with "4.0", and
also
> > realise why SL 4.0 is there (for 4.0.1 as update 1, 4.0.2 as update 2,
etc).
> > But just thought I should mention it on the list in case other SL users
face
> > the issue when he officially announces support for RHEL.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Michael.
>
> Hi Michael,
> Thanks for letting us know.
> I also didn't know that Axel was going to be doing compiles for RHEL
> based releases.  That is good to know as well.
> Thanks
> Troy Dawson

Yeah, I normally use alot of his RPMs on my server builds so was happy to
hear a couple of months ago he had intentions to support el3/4.

Although he has them on-line, they have version numbers of el2.9999 and
el3.9999 so hasn't announced it officially yet. He's in the very final
stages now of making the packages el3 and el4, before officially announcing
ATrpms support of the rhel3/4 releases.

Regards,

Michael.