SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

October 2013

From:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Oct 2013 11:03:42 -0700
 From a terminal application within gnome, my default Python is:

[ykarant@jb344 ~]$ python
Python 2.6.6 (r266:84292, Feb 21 2013, 19:26:11)

despite having to install whatever the BlueGriffon build required.

A number of the responses concerning the build of BlueGriffon further
underscore the general lack of polymorphism and encapsulation in the
Linux environment as distributed.  In a proper modern OS environment, an
application that requires non-system versions of applications (other
than the core libraries required by the OS itself, a more daunting
problem) would have only these in the path of both the building steps
and during the execution of the built application, preferably still
allowing a dynamic rather than a static image of the built application.

Yasha Karant