SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

December 2015

From:
"Hoffmann, Tony" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Hoffmann, Tony
Date:
Wed, 16 Dec 2015 15:19:30 -0500
Umm....g77 never fully supported VAX/VMS vintage Fortran.   We have a crap ton of old VMS code which used structures and records which never were supported by g77 to my knowledge.

And our experience with gfortran has actually been pretty favourable as it manages to digest some pretty awful fortran constructs which our in-house fortran preprocessor (called Force) produces.

Tony