SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

February 2005

From:
Brett Viren <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brett Viren <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Feb 2005 16:05:29 -0500
<[log in to unmask]> writes:

> Any idea about the current life-expectancy of 304 as far as updates go
> (especially security updates)?

I can't speak for the SL developers (and that won't stop me), but I
imagine the day SL updates are stopped is the day RHEL updates are as
well.  You should be able to find RHEL update sched on RH's sight.

My notes on the the vid. conf. but RH said that support will be
extended to 7 years.  Unfortunately I didn't note and can't remember
if that was for 3.04 or RHEL 4.

-Brett.